NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.

Where can someone verify a license?The Online Licensure System can verify whether a teacher has a license and what license the person currently holds.NCDPI Online Licensure System
How do I renew my license? How do I add to my license?The Professional Educator's website will provide you with the online system for active license and how to renew your license. The General Assembly requires a number of renewal credits to renew a Standard Professional 2 license. The renewal process requires a submission of Form E with an evaluation fee. The window of time for annual renewal is April 15 through June 30 of the year that a license expires.Professional Educator's Licensure
Are there forms for renewing my license?Yes. All forms can be found at the link provided. Form E must be completed and submitted along with your evaluation fee to: Department of Public Instruction Licensure Section 6365 Mail Service Center Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-6365Licensure Forms
Do charter schools have to have a beginning teacher support program?No. If a charter school would like for its beginning teachers to convert their licenses from Standard Professional 1 to Standard Professional 2, then the school will need to have a beginning teacher support program.Professional Educator's Licensure
Where do I go to find the North Carolina Educator Evaluation System (NCEES)?The Educator Effectiveness Model webpage provides the professional standards, processes, and instruments for evaluating teachers, principals, superintendent, and supporting staff.  NC Educator Evaluation System (NCEES)
NCEES Webinars
Where can I gain access to License and Salary Information (LicSal)?User ID and password are required to access this site. Contact Systems Accounting to request access.License and Salary Information Center (LicSal)

Back to Employees