SAMPLE INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
In order to participate in the Internship Program the student must fulfill (fit) the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 11th or 12th grade.
- Intern in a career area directly related to one or more academic or Workforce Development classes the student is enrolled in.
- Apply to the program, including securing the necessary permission forms from the parties identified in this document.
- Intern in a career area based on his/her career major at a College Prep or College/Tech Prep program.
- Have participated in at least one Job Shadowing related to the career area.
- Provide his/her own transportation to and from the internship site.
- Abide by all school and worksite rules and regulations.
- Keep a journal of his/her internship experience and complete any other work-based and school-based assignments related to the internship.
- Notify his/her counselor and/or teacher of immediately of any problems that may arise during the course of the internship program.
*Failure to abide by the guidelines and policies found in this document may result in the student being removed from the Internship Program. In the event violations occur, the student, counselor, parents, worksite sponsor, and teacher or Internship coordinator shall meet with the school principal to discuss the appropriate steps to be taken.
- Pick up an Internship packet from your teacher.
- Review all information in the packet.
- Complete the application form and return it to your teacher and/or Internship Coordinator.
- Meet with your teacher and/or Internship Coordinator to identify a site.
Adopted from the Job Ready Work-Based Learning Guide.