SKILLS USA: TRADE AND INDUSTRIAL
SkillsUSA is a national student organization that develops employability, participatory and leadership skills to complement the occupational skills developed by students in technical education classrooms or work-based learning sites. SkillsUSA is an integral part of approved technical education occupation programs.
- To unite in a common bond all students enrolled in trade and industrial education
- To develop leadership abilities through participation in educational, vocational, civic, recreational and social activities
- To foster a deep respect for the dignity of work
- To assist students in establishing realistic vocational goals
- To help students attain a purposeful life
- To create enthusiasm for learning
- To promote high standards in trade ethics, workmanship, scholarship and safety
- To develop the ability of students to plan together, organize and carry out worthy activities and projects through the use of the democratic process
- To foster a wholesome understanding of the functions of labor and management organizations and a recognition of their mutual interdependence
- To create among students, faculty members, patrons of the school and persons in business and labor a sincere interest in the esteem for trade, industrial, technical and health occupations
- To develop patriotism through knowledge of our nation’s heritage and the practice of democracy.
|SkillsUSA Fall Leadership Conference||Sep 21-23 2008||Sun 3pm to Tue 1pm||$150 (includes meals, materials and lodging)||Camp Dixie, Fayetteville NC|
|SkillsUSA Regional Conference||Feb 2009 (dates vary)||Time varies||Cost TBD||Varies|
|SkillsUSA State Conference||Apr 21-23 2009||Tue 1pm to Thu 12pm||$60||Greensboro NC|
|SkillsUSA National Conference||Jun 21-26, 2009||Mon 12pm to Fri 9pm||$175||Kansas City MO|
The NC SkillsUSA web site presents news and information of interest to NC SkillsUSA members.
SkillsUSA is a national nonprofit organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations, including health occupations. It was formerly known as VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).