RESPONSIVENESS TO INSTRUCTION
RtI Field Consultants:
Vacant - Regions 1,2,3
Vacant - Regions 3,4,5
Vacant - Regions 6,7,8
Field Consultants by Region:
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
What is RtI?
North Carolina Responsiveness to Instruction (NCRtI) is a multi-tiered framework which promotes school improvement through engaging, high quality instruction. NCRtI employs a team approach to guide educational practices, using a problem-solving model based on data, to address student needs and maximize growth for all.
We believe in...
- Shared responsibility by all stakeholders including educators, families, students, and community partners.
- Developmentally appropriate academic and behavioral growth for all students.
- Continuous reflection on and improvement of instructional practices and learning environments.
- Intentional partnerships with families, community members, and stakeholders.
- Comprehensive implementation through systematic and purposeful approaches and leadership.
- Leadership & Shared Responsibility
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Problem-Solving/Data Driven Decision Making
- Family & Community Collaboration
- Sustainability & Integration
Moving to a 3-Tier Model
Over the past eighteen months, the NC Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) has revisited its vision and mission for the NC Responsiveness to Instruction initiative (NC RtI). During this time, a committee with broad agency representation conducted focus groups across the state to gather stakeholder input and developed recommendations for a revised definition and the critical components for NC RtI. The committee also made a recommendation, based on stakeholder input and information from other states, to transition from a four-tier to a three-tier RtI school improvement model. These recommendations were then vetted through the NC RtI Steering Committee and approved by senior NCDPI leadership. With this new vision, RtI can be used as a framework to streamline initiatives and ensure all students are career and college ready.
NCRtI Census Directions - Step By Step Instructions