NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA ENDORSEMENTS
Students in North Carolina public schools and public charter schools may receive one or more endorsements on their high school diploma. These endorsements indicate that students have completed specific course concentrations preparing them to be ready for college or careers. The five endorsements are:
- Career Endorsement indicating completion of a rigorous course of study that includes a Career Technical Education concentration;
- College Endorsement indicating readiness for entry into community colleges;
- College/UNC Endorsement indicating readiness for entry into a four-year university in the University of North Carolina system;
- NC Academic Scholars Endorsement indicating that students have completed a balanced and academically rigorous high school program preparing them for post-secondary education.
- Global Languages Endorsement indicating proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English.
Individual students may qualify for and earn more than one endorsement.
The students who qualify for a special endorsement recognition
- will be designated by the State board of Education as having achieved an endorsement
- will receive a seal of recognition attached to their diplomas
- will have their specific endorsements listed on their official academic transcript
- may receive special recognition at graduation exercises and other community events
- may be considered for scholarships or employment opportunities
- may use this special recognition in applying to post-secondary institutions.
High School Diploma Endorsement Requirements, March 2016
All of the Diploma Seals are available for purchase from NCDPI Publication Sales.
Local School District Information for Seal Production
- Career Diploma Seal
- College Endorsement Diploma Seal
- College-UNC Endorsement Diploma Seal
- Academic Scholar Diploma Seal
- Global Language Diploma Seal