NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
NCDPI's Science Wiki website is a resource designed especially for educators that provides a variety of instructional and research materials to assist in the preparation of moving to the Science Essential Standards.
Please visit the Publications Sales website at www.ncpublicschools.org/publications/ to access the catalog to order the posters listed below. Select "Ordering Information" in the navigation menu on the left.
- 6-8 Science Essential Standards Posters (item# SC 152)
- 9-12 Science Essential Standards Posters (item# SC 153)
- Science and Engineering Practices / Crosscutting Concepts (item# SC 154)
- Science Safety Signs (item# SC 128)
- Goggles: It's the Law (item# SC 129)
- NC Through Time Geologic Poster (item# SC 119)
Note: Some school system firewalls prevent all list serve messages – please check with your Technology coordinator to be sure you can receive list serve messages. In some counties this has not been possible and educators have had to join with their home e-mail.
Middle Grades Science List Serve: This list serve is used to send DPI announcements including policy updates, DPI Professional development opportunities, and other announcements to 6-8 science teachers and instructional coaches. To join, email your name, LEA, job title/grade level and phone number to Marilyn Johns Marilyn.email@example.com
SCHOOL SCIENCE SAFETY
Web resources are listed below. Additional resources are located on the NC Science Wiki.
North Carolina School Science Facilities Planner (pdf, 1.6mb)
This is a helpful guide when designing or remodeling science classrooms, laboratories, and prep rooms.
NSTA Position Statements that particularly relate to middle grades science:
- Science Education for Middle Level Students
- Responsible Use of Live Animals and Dissection in the Science Classroom
- The Integral Role of Laboratory Investigations in Science Instruction
- Safety and School Science Instruction
- Liability of Science Educators for Laboratory Safety