FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
Recently Asked Questions
Extended Military Leave Administration
FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) 2011 FAQ
- 2011 FMLA Q&A
Reduction in Force (RIF) 2010
- 2010 RIF and Health Insurance
- 2010 Q&A RIF Revised
- 2010 Sample RIF Policy
Reduction in Force (RIF) & Hospital Insurance Continuance 2009
- Q & A Implications for RIF Actions - Provides frequently asked questions on RIF and Health Insurance options.
- Policy Guidance - Defines what is and what is not a reduction in force situation. Includes links to NC School Boards Association sample RIF policies.
- Health Insurance - Provides options for RIF employees.
Guidance on Retirees 2009
- Changes to Reemployment Provisions - Review and analysis of the changes for reemploying retirees in collaboration with the Department of State Treasurer (Retirement Systems Division)
- Retirement and Re-employment Changes - Outlines changes required of retirees hired exempt from the cap.
- Chart on Exempt from the Cap due to Sunset - Outlines options for retired teachers hired exempt from the cap.
- HB94 Retirees Volunteering - New retirees may volunteer in schools as unpaid bona fide volunteers during the six months waiting period.
Salary & Personnel
Legislation and policy information about reemployed retirees, personal leave, and more.
Differential Pay for Military Duty
Rules relating to leaves of absence, without loss of pay or time, for periods of military training and for State or federal military duty or for special emergency management service.
Summary of legislation, calendar waiver information, use of workdays, and more.
Teachers and School Administrators.