Educator Effectiveness initiatives provide leadership, technical assistance, professional development resources and consultative services to all public local education agencies (LEAs) and charter schools with the goal of improving student achievement through organizational development and professional learning.
Recruitment services, educator scholarships and educator recognition programs enable North Carolina to recruit and retain high quality professionals in the education field. NC ranks first in the nation for the overall number of National Board Certified Teachers, over 20,122.
The Educator Effectiveness Division includes:
- Professional Development Opportunities
- NC Educator Standards and Evaluation Instruments
- Regional Professional Development Consultants
- Regional Education Facilitators
- Mentor Program and Beginning Teacher Support
- Scholarships and Loans
- National Board Certification
- Statewide Recognition Programs
- Troops to Teachers
- Title II - Improving Teacher Quality