BEGINNING TEACHER SUPPORT RESOURCES
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
Policy on the Beginning Teacher Support Program
Beginning (novice) teachers are required to participate in a three-year induction program. During the induction period beginning teachers are to have a formal orientation, mentor support, and both formative and summative evaluations.
- UNCW Will it Phase You? game and workshop
UNCW Watson School of Education has developed a workshop for mentors to use with new teachers. Will it Phase You? © integrates the widely researched emotional phases used in the NC Mentor Training into a creative workshop that can be facilitated with new teachers and mentors. This is a valuable tool for induction, mentor training, retention, and beginning teacher support.
- NC Professional Teaching Standards Commission - Core Standards for Teachers
- Southeastern Regional Vision for Education (SERVE) - Educator Quality
- The Collaborative - look on their Related Links page under On-Line Forms for information on the following:
- Beginning Teacher Observation Instruments - FODA/R (Formative Observation Data Analysis with Ratings)
- INTASC Standards / Checklist
- Mentor / New Teacher Log (Monthly)
- Teachers Helping Teachers
By teachers, for teachers. The goal of this innovative service is: to provide basic teaching tips to inexperienced teachers; ideas that can be immediately implemented into the classroom; to provide new ideas in teaching methodologies for all teachers; and to provide a forum for experienced teachers to share their expertise and tips with colleagues around the world.
A site customized for teachers.
- Educational Testing Service PATHWISE Framework Induction Program
This program prepares mentors to assist beginning teachers as they transition from the university or other environments to classroom practice. The program includes training for mentors and materials for both mentors and beginning teachers to guide the growth process.