WELLS FARGO PRINCIPAL OF THE YEAR
EXPECTATIONS AND ROLES
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
The Wells Fargo Principal of the Year will serve in an advisory capacity to the State Board of Education beginning with the July State Board meeting. The state principal is expected to attend and actively participate in state board meetings.
In addition, the Wells Fargo Principal of the Year will compete for the National Principal of the Year honors through the North Carolina Principals and Assistant Principals Association (NCPAPA). In addition, NCPAPA sends one representative from Elementary, Middle, and High School to represent NC at the national level. These representatives are chosen from the regional finalist team.
The Wells Fargo Principal of the Year will also receive the following appointments during his or her tenure:
- State Superintendent's Principal Advisory Committee.
- Board of Directors of the NC Public School Forum – The principal will serve a one-year term concurrent to the time served as the state principal of the year (September - August).
- Chair of the Wells Fargo North Carolina Principal of the Year Regional Selection Committee.
- North Carolina Teacher of the Year and Wells Fargo Principal of the Year State Selection Teams.
- Numerous speaking engagements and committee service across North Carolina as invited and requested throughout the year.
Responsibilities of Regional Principals of the Year
- District winners receive a $150 cash award.
- The statewide Wells Fargo Principal of the Year receives $3,000 for personal or professional use, and his or her school also receives $3,000 for educational equipment or materials. Each of the eight regional winners receives $1,000 for personal use and $1,000 for the school.
- A scholarship for a 10-day educational international tour thanks to Education First Tours, a privately held company that offers a range of education programs from language training, educational travel and academic degrees to cultural exchanges.
- Jostens Inc. donates a custom-made NC Principal of the Year signet ring and pendant.