NC PROGRAM REMODELING MATERIALS
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
In January 2008, the State Board of Education approved in concept a new program approval process. The remodeling (previously referred to as re-visioning) process focuses on outcomes, rather than inputs, eliminates barriers and obstacles that do not ensure quality, and allows greater institutional flexibility based on increased rigor and accountability.
The remodeling process required educator preparation programs leading to undergraduate and graduate teacher licenses to align with the State Board adopted North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards and appropriate evaluation instruments. Educator preparation programs leading to a school administrator – principal license were remodeled to align with the State Board adopted North Carolina Standards for School Executives and the appropriate evaluation instrument.
IHEs seeking State Board approval for new teacher or school executive programs must submit electronic blueprints to the Director of Educator Preparation following the guidelines below.
RESOURCES FOR TEACHER PREPARATION PROGRAMS
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- Specialty Area Standards for Teacher Preparation
- Undergraduate Teaching Blueprint Guidelines
- Graduate Teaching Blueprint Guidelines
- Pre-Service Teacher Candidate Rubric
- LEA/IHE Certification of Teaching Capacity Form
RESOURCES FOR SCHOOL EXECUTIVE PREPARATION PROGRAMS
- North Carolina Standards for School Executives
- MSA Blueprint Guidelines
- Pre-Service School Executive Candidate Rubric