NCID NEXT GENERATION. WHAT'S NEW...
- New interface provides clean and organized screens. Screen content is streamlined so users will only see and have access to features for which they have rights.
Enhanced Account Creation Features
- Accounts for state and local government employees are created by the Delegated Administrators (DAs) associated to the employee’s organization/division and/or section. These account types are no longer created via the self-registration process.
- Accounts for business users and individuals will continue to be created via the self-registration service; however, as part of the registration process, the user will receive an email which contains an activation URL link needed to complete registration.
- All account types (State, Local, Business and Individual) are required to provide an email address when creating a new account.
- User IDs must contain 6-20 characters. The User ID will be truncated to 20 characters if it exceeds the maximum length.
- During Self-Registration, a user can request a new entity if a desired organization does not exist. This feature is available to local government employees who do not have a delegated administrator.
New & Enhanced Delegated Administrator Features
- "Section" Delegated Administrators can now deactivate and reactivate their users.
- Account transfer (agency-to-agency) is enabled for state government employees.
- Delegated Administrators will receive data for all users in their division/section in a CSV file. DAs can use the file to sort/extract specific user information.
Enhanced Workflow Process & Search Feature
- Administrators or Service Desk agents now manage user accounts via process request forms. Each form is unique to the type of action performed on the user account (i.e.: reset a password, unlock an account) and includes its own Search feature to look up the appropriate account.
- NCID NG is now 'process-driven' vs. 'user-driven' – first select the appropriate process request, then look up the user account in the Search section provided on each process request form.
- Single or multiple field searches can be performed on following fields: First Name, Last Name, User ID, E-mail Address, Beacon Number. A "Full Name" search field is no longer available.
Enhanced Password Features
- Any combination of 3 wrong password attempts or challenge question responses will lock an account.
- Passwords are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly as they were originally entered.
- During password creation, an on-screen tooltip provides verification that the password conforms to the State’s password policy.
- A Delegated Administrator can reset passwords for users which he/she administers. In addition, temporary passwords are created by the administrator and are no longer system-generated.
New & Enhanced Self-Service Tools
- New "Password Sync Status" feature allows users to check if their password has been synchronized across connected systems (i.e.: Exchange, Beacon, etc.)
- New "View My Administrators" feature allows users to view their administrator(s) contact information.
- When managing Challenge Questions and Responses, users must re-select and re-answer five (5) new questions – previous questions and responses are not displayed on the screen.
- Individual and business account holders have the capability to recover lost user IDs.
- Access to applications is assigned via roles and not by group membership. Application Administrators grant a user access to applications via role assignments.
- Applications that use the "NCID Login" screen will no longer display a "Continue" button after NCID authentication. Users are automatically directed to the application.