PERSONAL FINANCIAL LITERACY
The Department of Public Instruction and the North Carolina General Assembly are committed to improving the quality of personal financial literacy education, to advancing public knowledge, and to providing professional development. The purpose of the Personal Financial Literacy Web site is to:
- Advance teacher knowledge and understanding of personal finances
- Increase the number of high school students who are financially literate
- Enhance public awareness and parent knowledge of personal finances
Building on current personal financial literacy initiatives this Web site provides strategies that address student, teacher and parent needs, build stakeholder involvement and support policies approved by the State Board of Education.
APRIL IS FINANCIAL LITERACY FOR YOUTH MONTH
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
- Governor's Proclamation
- Financial Literacy School Tour Press Release
- WNCT: Financial Literacy in North
Carolina's Public Schools