SUMMER INSTITUTES 2014
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: SUMMER INSTITUTES 2014
The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction is pleased to announce that Summer Institutes 2014 will take place in all eight regions across the state of North Carolina. Regions 1, 2, 5 and 7 will experience this myriad of professional development experiences simultaneously on July 7-8, 2014, while Regions 3, 4, 6 and 8 will participate simultaneously during July 9-10, 2014.
This year’s theme is “Sustaining Success: Building on Achievement,” and we aim to do just that for our educators from across the state. The overarching goal of the 2014 Summer Institutes is to provide educators across the state with meaningful professional development that will take them to the next level in READY implementation (Common Core, New Assessments, Educator Effectiveness, Home Base and more). We will accomplish this by:
- Strengthening relationships among local school districts as they continue to plan and execute specific activities and initiatives around Race to the Top work;
- Assisting local school districts in assessing progress with their PD plans; pinpointing challenges that remain; and refining goals that will keep them moving forward in this effort;
- Identifying how the NCDPI can provide resources to address the needs of local school districts in taking the lead and crafting their plans for sustainability as Year 5 of RttT approaches; and,
- Effectively capturing and sharing new knowledge derived from best practices among colleagues statewide.
This year, we ask that those wishing to present COMPLETE A PRESENTATION PROPOSAL, which is available here: http://bit.ly/IIproposalform.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Summer Institutes in July!
- Feb 3-Mar 3: LEA/Charters interested in presenting submit proposals through SI 2014 website.
- Mar. 24-28: Regional webinar deployment
- Mar. 26: Detailed agendas available on regional wikispaces
- April 1-April 15: Registration window for Summer Institutes 2014. REGISTRATION LINK WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME
- By May 15: All changes and updates to final Summer Institutes team rosters due.
- July 7-July 10: Summer Institutes 2014 (dates and locations below)
- ONE WEEK FOLLOWING EACH SUMMER INSTITUTES: Participants complete Evaluation Survey for CEUs
Map of Locations
RttT PD Leaders by Region
Summer Institutes 2014 Video
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.