The purpose of this program is to provide financial assistance to rural districts to assist them in meeting their state's definition of Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) and Annual Measurable Objective targets under the ESEA Flexibility. Applicants do not compete but rather are entitled to funds if they meet basic eligibility requirements. Eligibility is restricted by statute. Awards are issued annually directly to eligible LEAs on a formula basis.
Use of Funds
Recipients may use program funds to conduct activities under the following ESEA programs:
- Title I, Part A (Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged);
- Title II, Part A (Improving Teacher Quality State Grants, # 84.367);
- Title II, Part D (Educational Technology State Grants, # 84.318);
- Title III (Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students); Title IV, Part A (Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities);
- Title IV, Part B (21st-Century Community Learning Centers);
- Title V, Part A (State Grants for Innovative Programs).
SRSA Laws, Regulations and Guidance: http://www2.ed.gov/programs/reapsrsa/legislation.html