NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
State Superintendent June Atkinson and NCDPI leaders are hosting Regional Outreach Meetings in all eight education regions across the state. The purpose of these meetings is to provide educators with information and tools to communicate and describe the following changes under way in North Carolina public schools:
- new Common Core State Standards and Essential Standards;
- a new state accountability model;
- additional professional development support for principals and teachers;
- new uses of technology to support learning; and
- an enhanced teacher and principal evaluation model.
Together, these encompass our state's READY initiative.