The mission of the Safe and Healthy Schools Support Division is to assist clients in achieving educational goals, safe environment, economy of operation; and to meet statutory requirements by providing leadership, strategic direction, professional consultation, technical assistance and other services as needed.
- School Nutrition Services ensures all students have access to healthy, wholesome, appealing meals as part of the instructional day; School Nutrition Services also ensures the nutritional, operational and financial integrity of the Federally-funded programs for which it is accountable.
- Driver Education Programs provide classroom and behind the wheel training to all qualified public, private, charter, federal and home school students.
- The Consolidated Discipline/Dropout Report includes the Annual Report on School Crime and Violence, the Annual Study of Suspensions and Expulsions, required reporting on the uses of corporal punishment, and the Annual Report on Dropout Events and Rate.
- School Insurance provides risk management and property insurance to LEAs and community colleges; provides worker's compensation benefits to all state school employees; negotiates and purchases excess professional liability for public and charter school employees; and manages the Unemployment Insurance Fund.
- Mental and Allied Health Services is the principal contact for the school-based health providers including School Social Workers, School Psychologists, School Nurses, School Resource Officers and Mental Health providers for K-12 students.
- Plant Operation streamlines facility maintenance by providing technical consulting and professional design solutions uniquely tailored for the public schools.
- The School Planning section executes legislative mandates related to the planning, finance, design, construction and maintenance of efficient public school facilities on behalf of the State Board of Education.
- Textbook Services procures/distributes State-adopted textbooks per school district order(s), in accordance with State Board of Education policies. They also procure large print and Braille versions of these same books per school district order(s) and maintain a lending library of returned "books" for subsequent use.
- Transportation Services provides leadership, technical assistance, service and support to the state's public schools as they work to provide safe and efficient pupil transportation.