The Comprehensive Needs Assessment provides a framework which:
- provides districts and schools with a clear view of their strengths, areas for improvement, challenges, and successes;
- enables a systematic review of practices, processes, and systems within a school district;
- assists district and school leadership in determining needs, examining their nature and causes, and setting priorities for future action;
- guides the development of a meaningful district or school plan and suggests benchmarks for evaluation; and
- most importantly, it is a corner stone of continuous improvement, ensuring the best possible outcomes for all students.
The rubrics and materials that underpin the third party Comprehensive Needs Assessment may be used by any school to strengthen the School Improvement Planning process. The following six dimensions are evaluated during the Comprehensive Needs Assessment Process.
Text Option of Above Graphic